Monday, October 21, 2013

FIRST IMPRESSION: MARC JACOBS BEAUTY Genius Gel Super Charged Foundation


So I decided to try out the new Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundations. Originally I went into Sephora with intentions on buying the new Smashbox Halo foundation but ended up getting this beauty instead because the formula appealed to me more when I swatched it. It dried fairly matte which is what drew me in since I have combination skin and like more of a matte finish. The above video gives you an idea of how the foundation wears. I did wear it for about 11 hours and updated every few hours. I really didn't see a big difference in the formula I did think it would be a little different since it is "genius gel" but it reminded me of any typical liquid foundation. I have combination skin and get oily through my t-zone so I really wanted to see how this product would handle my oil.

Coverage --> Sheer to medium but it is buildable.

Suggested Skin Types --> Dry, Medium, and Combination.
I found myself needing to powder after a few hours which is nothing new to me but, I will say that it lasted through me sweating, heat, and humidity. Which is a definite plus!

So this product retails for about $48. And yes it is steep for a foundation and I think you can find a product equally as good for the same price.

Do I like it ... YES! But, I just don't think I would repurchase it again because it didn't do anything significant enough for me to repurchase it for this price! I do think those with dry to normal skin would probably enjoy this product more. Since it is sheer to medium those with clearer skin.

So those are my thoughts based off the one use. Maybe as I use it more I'll like it better but for now it's just ok.

Thanks for reading :)

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL --> GLAMBYSAMB
Instagram --> GlamBySamB

<3
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment